VidaBox well-known producer PC based home media centers announced its new software – vCommander. vCommander helps to developers create an interface between their systems and VidaBox services and clients. The software is oriented mostly on AMX, Crestron and HAI (it includes pre-built templates for those systems). But vCommand can be used with any TCP/IP & RS-232 control system.
The vCommand offers following:
- two way IP control protocol;
- pre-defined templates for AMX & Crestron programmers;
- live media transport, metadata and navigation feedback;
- browse music, movies, recorded TV, videos and pictures;
- control multiple VidaBox and extender systems;
- direct access VidaBox interface navigation.
Personally, I like that tendency when producers of different systems offer a simple and clear interface between them based on common protocol (TCP in that case). It’ll make a life of integrator much easier.