Dedicated Devices, Inc. puts together new DigitaLife Server 300 and DigitaLife Storage 300 products to produce DigitaLife System, the first digital home entertainment and network solution that is designed specifically to be built into new homes.
Key system features include:
- Centralized management, distribution and control of digital content, in all of the most popular formats, to anywhere in the house.
- Convenient private home network for sharing internet access, files, printers and other equipment throughout the home.
- Built-in residential gateway to the internet.
- Handles up to 8 streams of audio and photos, or 4 streams of video, independently and simultaneously.
- ActivLink software that automates the copying of digital media files to the DigitaLife Server.
- Gracenote Media Management software, which automatically names and categorizes a music collection by artist, album and genre.
- Network Manager, a browser-based control console for managing network and media settings.
- Support for IP/network cameras
The DigitaLife System looks cool but it covers only entertainment area of smart home and maybe security a bit (support of IP/network cameras). So, you have to integrate the DigitalLife into some home control system of enjoy just the entertainment automation. Also, The DigitaLife System supports only the Panasonic BB-HCM311A wired network camera and the Panasonic BL-C10A wired network camera. But they are not provide PoE (Power over Ethernet) which is very useful.