D-Link released a new dual-mode phone line – V-Click. The new phones will allow to make calls via 900/1800/1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks or VoIP using available WiFi connection. There is a special button to enable/disable VoIP connection. Once enabled, users can make SIP-based VoIP calls or hit the web over the bundled Opera Mobile browser and 176×220 pixel display.
Key features include:
- Wi-Fi® profile roaming for uninterrupted service between wireless zones
- Opera Mobile™ browser for hot spot log-in and Web surfing
- Email functionality – 50 emails can be stored in up to 10 accounts
- Large color screen display with 176 by 220 pixels
- Sleek, compact form factor (height, 4.17″, width, 1.73″, depth, .75″; weight, 3.32 oz)
- Talk time – up to 5 hours GSM, 2 hours 802.11 wireless mode
- Messages – up to 30 messages can be stored at 459 characters each
- Phonebook – up to 300 contacts
- Data storage – up to 24 megabytes for documents, images, music and video files.
- Tasks – stores up to 100 entries
- Calendar – up to 100 events, 160 letters per event
- Charging – 3 hours, first time charge 8 hours
- Compact design with internal antenna
- Power-saving mode for maximum standby and talk time
The V-CLICK dual-mode, tri-band mobile phone is scheduled to ship early next year at recomended price $599.99.