The stable version 180.22 of nVidia video drivers was released yesterday. Following main changes were done since last release:
- Support of CPU 9XXX and some 8XXX and 7XXX.
- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver). The VDPAU API is already implemented in the mplayer, libxine, ffmpeg, vlc and MythTV.
- Added support for CUDA 2.1.
- Added preliminary support for OpenGL 3.0.
- Added new OpenGL workstation performance optimizations.
- Enabled the glyph cache by default and extended its support to all supported GPUs.